It continues to be crazy around here. This being my last day in Vietnam before I shuffle off back home, I’d just like to say that it is a lovely country that is only a little terrifying sometimes. Also, I like my friends.
There. That was nice and non-controversial, right?
Anyway, I get on a plane in twelve hours, have some links!
1. In praise-Odin news, Social Justice League, my new favorite site, says what we’re all thinking: Thor is a feminist movie. Also, it is glorious. And Lady Sif is my hero. Also Darcy. Jane’s cool too. Oh, and Lady Loki. Okay, I’m done now. (Frigga.)
2. In heard-it-before news, Bust has an article on an article about Friendzoning that seems to have gotten some angry male comments. They gleefully tear those comments apart, and remind us once more why the friendzone is bullshit and being nice to someone does not create an obligation for sex. Because, sadly, we need reminding.
3. In best-holiday news, are you tired of being horrified every time you look for a Halloween costume? Or are you just interested in being able to buy something that doesn’t have the word “sexy” in front of it? Well, Take Back Halloween is for you. And also me. It’s got costume ideas from mythology, science, history and all kinds of feminist role models. Check it the hell out.
4. In HAHA-I-WAS-RIGHT news, it looks like DC Comics is moving away from the New 52. Hallelujah! Of course, they’re not moving too fast, and really all they’re doing so far is expanding the universe and allowing more stories in, but it really looks like there’s potential for it to be, you know, good. Yay!
5. In duh news, The Daily Beast has a fabulous editorial reminding women that we can be awesome, but we don’t have to be perfect. It’ll make you feel much better, trust me.
6. And finally, in election-over-yet news, here’s a video of John Green explaining the actual problems facing our country right now, and how the short-sighted view of partisan deadlock and a fear of increasing taxes is ruining our infrastructure. Watch it and get mad.
That’s it for this week! We’ll be back on Monday with the rest of pilot season (I swear it’s wrapping up) and catch Crossover Appeal (without me) on Sunday at 6pm PDT. They’ll be talking about Star Wars, maybe.
Have a great Saturday!