Another week gone, and another week closer to Thanksgiving! It’s one of my favorite holidays, mostly because there’s a truly massive amount of food that you are encouraged, nay, required to eat with the people you enjoy most in the world.
Also there’s a boatload of TV marathons and seven kinds of pie. I love pie.
Anyway, have some links.
1. In heart-attack news, Willow and Oz have reunited! Sort of! Buffy the Vampire Slayer actress Alyson Hannigan has been playing Lily on How I Met Your Mother for the past few years, and finally we’re getting a guest appearance from her on screen boyfriend Seth Green, in what I hope will be a reference filled episode of hilarity. Also, Seth Green is funny. I think it’ll work out well. Full story here.
2. In true-story news, someone (LJ User bookshop) has finally written a definitive argument on why fanfiction is okay and we should all stop freaking out about it. Agree or disagree, it’s good to see it all laid out. Here.
3. In awww news, the writers of the aforementioned How I Met Your Mother are super cute and have an entire tumblr devoted to when they accidentally dress alike. Yeah. Really. It’s awesome.
4. In huuuurh-what-confused news, Benedict Cumberbatch is going to apparently be in a new movie with four of the members of Monty Python. Which is great, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that Mr. Cumberbatch isn’t the first person you think of for a movie like that. At least not one with a schoolteacher getting magic powers from aliens.
5. In trekker-not-trekkie news, io9 has a fabulous explanation of why Star Trek has an outdated vision of the future. It makes me sad, but it’s also pretty cool to look at what Trek really could be. Full article here.
6. In super-duper-cool news, this article from Cracked tells you about the epic sculptures people have made out of WATER. It’s epic, check it out here.
7. And, finally, in people-need-lives news, someone mashed up the gritty AMC drama Breaking Bad and Taylor Swift’s peppy new breakup song, “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.” Just so much laughter. But don’t watch it if you’re afraid of spoilers. Or references to meth.
That’s it for this week, check back in on Monday for more epic pop culturey goodness!