|What can I say? I felt like a little Shosanna.|
And in the meantime, links. As always, feel free to self-promote shamelessly in the comments below, or to point out stuff you think I missed.
|Disney's Frozen is super white.|
So, the "This Could Have Been
Frozen" project started. This is
the protagonist in Tibetan garb.
2. This is pretty old news, but a box of old negatives was found at auction a few years ago, and the photos that have come out of it reveal one of the best photographers of our time, a compulsively secretive New York nanny named Vivien Maier. Seriously, they’re stunning.
3. Look, we all know that sometimes the nerd culture can be unfriendly to women. But apparently this year’s E3 took the cake, and is reportedly going down in history as the “creepy, rapey E3”.
4. Game of Thrones may have ended for the season, but if you still need a Daenerys fix, head over to Policymic, where they’ve got a list of “6 Life Lessons Every Girl Should Learn from Daenerys Targaryen”.
5. Comics get a bad rap for how they draw women, and for the most part they deserve it. But there are a few editors trying to change all that. Check out the Jezebel interview with Jeanine Schaeffer about the all-girl X-Men comic.
6. This is what’s happening in Istanbul. It matters.
7. And finally, a video about that whole mess with Disney and Brave and Merida becoming a Disney Princess but only if she loses the whole tomboy thing. It’s a good video.
Well, that’s it for this week here on KMWW. Check back in on Monday to see what we thought of Pacific Rim, and don’t forget about Crossover Appeal on Sunday!